Hi, I'm new to this list and have been using Bacula for just over a month now. Recently, I've been wrestling with the Bacula config for a while to get it do the following:
1) Make all backups to local disk (I have a dedicated backup server)
2) Maintain 1 month of backups consistent of 1 weekly full backup and 6 days of incrimental each week for each machine. 3) Automatically label new backups with the machine name and date the backup is made.
4) Automatically replace old backups with new backups.

I have the basic service running, but I want to fix some minor errors (at least from my perpsective). Currently when a volume is recycled, the file name remains unchanged. So for instance, yesterday's backup of one of my servers actually recycled an old volume from November, and is now stored in the file <machine>-2005-11-23 instead of <machine>-2005-12-22. Is there any way to tell bacula to change the file name to match the label format when recycling volumes?

I've searched the list archives but couldn't find anything relevent.

Here's my pool setting from bacula-dir.conf:

Pool {
 Name = Default
 Pool Type = Backup
 Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
 AutoPrune = yes                   # Prune expired volumes
 Volume Retention = 30 days
 Label Format = "${Job}-${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}"
}

and my device setting from bacula-sd.conf:

Device {
 Name = FileStorage
 Media Type = File
 Archive Device = /home/bacula
 LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
 Random Access = Yes;
 AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
 RemovableMedia = no;
 AlwaysOpen = no;
}

--