  Brian> Quoting Martin Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

  >> I think the setting of "strict mode" in the MySQL config is a possible
reason
  >> for this error.

  Brian> It sure is - good catch. =)  Is it possible to run Bacula with this
  Brian> restriction
  Brian> in place?

Sorry, I don't know.  You could try to work around it by removing NOT NULL and
REFERENCES options and adding DEFAULT options from the table definitions.
C.f. make_postgresql_tables.

If the problem is caused by sharing a mysqld with other users who need
lowercase, then you could run a second mysqld with its own port number and
config specially for Bacula.

__Martin