Hi again,

I am using bacula 1.38.2 on Scientific Linux 4.2 (rhel4 based distro).
I have a dell powervault 128t (HP7200) autochanger.

I have some problems with the mtx-changer script.
I can run mtx-changer "slots" from the command line:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./mtx-changer /dev/sg0 slots 1 /dev/nst0 0
Doing mtx -f /dev/sg0 -- to get count of slots
20

However, the bconsole commands don't seem to work.
Does point to an invalid config ?

Here is my bconsole output:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./bconsole
Connecting to Director localhost:9101
1000 OK: localhost-dir Version: 1.38.2 (20 November 2005)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*update slots
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: TapeLibrary
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon TapeLibrary at shuswap:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Autochanger" has 0 slots.
No slots in changer to scan.
*update slots
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: TapeLibrary
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon TapeLibrary at shuswap:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Autochanger" has 0 slots.
No slots in changer to scan.
*label barcodes
Storage resource "": not found
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: TapeLibrary
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon TapeLibrary at shuswap:9103 ...
3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
Device "Autochanger" has 0 slots.
No slots in changer to scan.

*status
Using default Catalog name=MyCatalog DB=bacula
Status available for:
     1: Director
     2: Storage
     3: Client
     4: All
Select daemon type for status (1-4): 2
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: TapeLibrary
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon TapeLibrary at shuswap:9103
*status
Using default Catalog name=MyCatalog DB=bacula
Status available for:
     1: Director
     2: Storage
     3: Client
     4: All
Select daemon type for status (1-4): 2
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: TapeLibrary
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Connecting to Storage daemon TapeLibrary at shuswap:9103

localhost-sd Version: 1.38.2 (20 November 2005) i686-pc-linux-gnu redhat
4.2
Daemon started 11-Jan-06 16:36, 0 Jobs run since started.

Running Jobs:
No Jobs running.
====
No Terminated Jobs.

Device status:
Autochanger "Autochanger" with devices:
   "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0)
Device "FileStorage" (/tmp) is not open or does not exist.
Device "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is mounted.
    Drive 0 is not loaded.
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0
Device "Drive-1" is not open or does not exist.
No DEVICE structure.

====

In Use Volume status:
====

Here is the section from my bacula-sd.conf:
#
# An autochanger device with two drives
#
Autochanger {
  Name = "Autochanger"
  Device = Drive-0
  Changer Device = /dev/sg0
  Changer Command = "/opt/bacula/bacula/bin/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
  Name = "Drive-0"
  Drive Index = 0;
  AutoChanger = yes;
  Media Type = LTO-1
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Backward Space Record = yes;
  LabelMedia = yes;
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  Spool Directory=/.tape_spool
#  Maximum Spool Size = 20G
#  Maximum Open Wait = 30 seconds
}

Device {
  Name = "Drive-1"
  Drive Index = 1;
  AutoChanger = yes;
  Autoselect = no;
  Media Type = LTO-1
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  Backward Space Record = yes;
  LabelMedia = yes;
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
  Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
#  Spool Directory=/.tape_spool
#  Maximum Spool Size = 20G
#  Maximum Open Wait = 30 seconds
}

The Storage resource from bacula-dir.conf:

Storage {
  Name = TapeLibrary
  Address = shuswap # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = ""  # password for Storage daemon
  Device = Autochanger  # must be same as Device in Storage daemon
  Media Type = LTO-1  # must be same as MediaType in Storage daemon
  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
}

Thanks,

Chris Hunter
Systems Programmer
Department of Astronomy, Yale University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]