Hi,

Arno Lehmann schrieb:
> On 1/11/2006 5:30 PM, Ralf Gross wrote:
> >[snip]
> >Device status:
> >Archive "FileStorage" is not open or does not exist.
> >Archive "Autochanger" is not open or does not exist.
> >

> >I think this is not what I should see at this point.
>
> Hmm. I'm never really sure about this. The "is not open or does not
> exist" is not always something to worry about.

Ok.

> BUT what did btape say when you tested your autochanger? I'm sure you
> didn't skip that step since it's so prominently mentioned in the manual,
> right? ;-)

Ah, the manual ;) I've to admit that I missed that part. BTW: where
can I find the user manual for bacula 1.36.3? After fighting with the
bacula-sd config for a hour, I noticed that the autochanger part has
changed since 1.36.3 and I used the 1.38.3 manual to build my
config...

Ok, I changed the permissions as you mentioned below and ran btape as
user bacula. The test output looks ok, no errors.

> >*label
> >The defined Storage resources are:
> >     1: File
> >     2: Autochanger
> >Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
> >Enter new Volume name: Test2
> >Enter slot (0 for none): 2
> >Automatically selected Pool: Default
> >Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at epefp119:9103 ...
> >Sending label command for Volume "Test2" Slot 2 ...
> >3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.
> >3991 Bad autochanger "loaded drive 0" command: ERR=Child exited with
> >code 1.
>
> Code 1... no permissions, I suspect.
> Verify under which user account the SD runs. Compare with the
> permissions for /dev/sg3 and /dev/st0
>
> >3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0" command.
> >3992 Bad autochanger "load slot 2, drive 0": ERR=Child exited with code 1.
> >Label command failed for Volume Test2.
> >Do not forget to mount the drive!!!
> >

> >Any ideas?
>
> Yes, you tested as root, and the SD runs as user bacula:bacula, I think.

You're right, I tested this as root and forgot btape ;) Looks much
better now!

Device status:
Archive "FileStorage" is not open or does not exist.
Device "/dev/st0" is mounted with Volume "Bang"
    Total Bytes Read=129,024 Blocks Read=2 Bytes/block=64,512
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0

Ralf