hello,

> Make a backup first. Not necessarily with Bacula, a simple cp might be
> enough.
thanx!

> You only need to define a job with all necessary parameters. If you use
> JobDefs is up to you, and you can override the defaults set in the
> default job.

not gonna go there now, but i'll keep it on mind

 Job {
  Name = "testing"
  Client = MACHINE-fd
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  FileSet = "all night long"
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/bacula/working/MACHINE.bsr"
 }

In the above section, you insert the reference to the new fileset.

 FileSet {
   Name = "all night long"
   Include {
     Options {
       signature = MD5
     }
 File = /home/javier/Desktop
   }
 Exclude {
     File = /proc
     File = /tmp
     File = /.journal
     File = /.fsck
   }
 }

i got this messages:
20-Jan 15:38 server-dir: No prior Full backup Job record found.
20-Jan 15:38 server-dir: No prior or suitable Full backup found. Doing
FULL backup.
20-Jan 15:38 server-dir: Start Backup JobId 11, Job=testing.2006-01-20_15.38.19

thanxs for your kind explanation, my only question is that if i erase
the file /home/javier/Desktop on MACHINE, can i restore it from the
backup i made with bacula?, how can i do that?
--
Ciao, Javier
linux user #393724