Well, after spending nearly all day trying to complete a bare metal restore of a redhat box, I am clueless as to what the problem could be. Hence, I am hoping that the list members might have some ideas.

So, I have a bacula-rescue disc built and loaded into another machine. The new machine (the one that is being restored) is booted all the way and I can get to a prompt without a problem.

I have the new drive repartitioned/formatted/mounted (per the instructions) and otherwise ready to be installed. However, when I try to chroot, I get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bacula-centos]# chroot /mnt/disk bacula/bin/bacula-fd -c bacula-fd.conf
chroot: cannot run command `bacula/bin/bacula-fd': No such file or directory

Needless to say, I verified that the file exists any times over. One concern that I had was that the copy of bacula-fd that gets put onto the CD is dynamically linked. When I was unable to figure out why such a thing happened, I compiled a copy of bacula-fd statically by hand to make sure that I had a static version and put it onto a USB stick to get it into the environment.

FYI: dynamically linked executables cannot run from within a chrooted environment because they will not have access to their libraries (which exist outside of the chroot directory structure).

So, I am not sure exactly why I am getting this error. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ryan