Will McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> When I did the upgrade from 1.38.2 to 1.38.5-2 on my RHEL4.2
>> system via rpmbuild, there were a few gotchas that stopped
>> the director from starting.  One was that /etc/sysconfig/bacula
>> needed these lines:
>>
>> DIR_USER="bacula"
>> DIR_GROUP="disk"
>
> I didn't have an /etc/sysconfig/bacula, created one with the contents
> as specified and still experienced the same problem.

I was about to open a bug report on this, but decided to look
closer at the contents of /etc/rc.d/init.d/bacula-dir since it
was a recent contribution according to the bug system.  The
init file has DIR_USER=bacula and DIR_GROUP=bacula at the
top of it, so adding it to /etc/sysconfig/bacula is not
necessary unless you want to override the default user/group.
I just went and deleted said lines from /etc/sysconfig/bacula,
with a footnote that I had mistakenly put the group as "disk" and
not "bacula" in my sysconfig file in case anyone else followed my
earlier post and now needs to adjust their own settings accordingly.

Glad to hear that you've got it working now.....

-Arthur