What will happend to the MyISAM file, will it be converted, or just left behind an I need to start my backups from scratch?

Roger Kvam

Daniel Holtkamp wrote:
Hi !

Roger Kvam wrote:

My MySQL database is 6.8G, while the File.MYD is 4.0G

You ran into a mysql-limit there. The File Table apparently uses MyISAM as storage engine and the max-limit there is 4 GB. Fire up mysql-administrator and change the storage engine to InnoDB then you`re fine. (On my system i changed all tables to InnoDB - just in case).