Hello,

On 2/1/2006 1:55 PM, Florian Schnabel wrote:
i still didn't find a reason for my problem ...
bacula prunes old jobs, then i get an error no volume available, THEN the volume gets recycled and backup starts

Well, this kind of confirms my suspicion that Baculas recycling algorithm could be improved; I suspect that it first prunes volumes, then jobs and files, and thus only prunes volumes during the next recycling run.

i'll attach the messages, maybe someone can help me with that;
i don't really like to get an error message every couple days

Quite understandable.

The easy work-around, and the reason why I usually don't see that problem, might be to simply set up your volumes and retention so that you always have a pruned volume available.

Florian

---

31-Jan 21:00 erde-dir: Start Backup JobId 1108, Job=Cetus_Job.2006-01-31_21.00.00 31-Jan 21:00 erde-dir: Max configured use duration exceeded. Marking Volume "HD03" as Used.
31-Jan 21:01 erde-dir: Pruned 6 Jobs on Volume "HD01" from catalog.
31-Jan 21:01 erde-sd: Job Cetus_Job.2006-01-31_21.00.00 waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
    Storage:      FileStorage
    Media type:   File
    Pool:         DaylyPool
31-Jan 22:01 erde-dir: Recycled volume "HD01"

One hour later - the next regular try to find a usable volume, I guess.

31-Jan 22:02 erde-sd: Recycled volume "HD01" on device "/opt/baculaHD", all previous data lost.

erde-dir? An older standard SuSE installation?

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]