Hello,

On 2/14/2006 12:57 AM, Chris Dennis wrote:
Thomas Glatthor wrote:

Hi Chris,

you can use a cron-job, which mails the output of this script

#!bin/bash
./bconsole -c ./bconsole.conf <<END_OF_DATA
status dir
quit
END_OF_DATA

OK, thanks for that.

Has anyone written a script to parse the output of 'status dir' to
extract the (likely) next volume?  If not, I'll have a go myself.

Next question:  I can't find a way to ask "Which tape is currently in
the drive?"  Is that possible?  If it is, I could compare the answer
with the output from 'status dir' and send another urgent email if they
don't match.

That information can be found in the "status storage" output.

Arno

cheers

Chris

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]