Hi there,
i've realised that there is no volume connected with a job yet while the RunBeforeJob-Script is running. I'm using bacula 1.36.3-1 for Debian Sarge. In my script i want to make use of the volume name which schould be given to it by the "%v" argument in the job directive of the bacula-director configuration. But the value in the script remains null. A query to the mysql database says also that there are no volumes connected with the job, which the script is running for. But volumes of older, finished jobs are found by the query. The first of the following queries was for a finished job. The second for the job which is running at the moment :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mysql> SELECT DISTINCT Job.JobId,VolumeName FROM Job,JobMedia,Media WHERE Job.JobId=1187 AND Job.JobId=JobMedia.JobId AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId;
+-------+------------+
| JobId | VolumeName |
+-------+------------+
|  1187 | PINK-0001  |
|  1187 | PINK-0011  |
+-------+------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SELECT DISTINCT Job.JobId,VolumeName FROM Job,JobMedia,Media WHERE Job.JobId=1201 AND Job.JobId=JobMedia.JobId AND JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId;
Empty set (0.00 sec)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The running script is trapped in a loop. I'm testing an idea about sending mailrequests for mounting a usb-harddisk (volume) to bacula-operators and quitting the script with the incoming of the mailreply from the operator after mounting the disk. By this a want to avoid that bacula tries to write into the mountpoint-directory if there is no usb-disk mountet yet.

"status director" in the console tells me that the job is running.
Running Jobs:
Console connected at 15-Feb-06 09:42
JobId Level   Name                       Status
 1201 Full    HOG-Monthly.2006-02-15_10.45.23 is running
====

But why isn't there a volume defined yet? Does anyone know this problem?

regards,
Michael