Hello,

On 2/15/2006 11:28 AM, Marcel Gsteiger wrote:
Hi all

I recently changed my database backup procedure to work through a FIFO. This
seems to work, at least if I look at the logs. Now I wanted to restore a
database from tape for testing, but not to a fifo, but to a regular file. This
restore fails with the error message

15-Feb 10:01 leo-fd: RestoreFiles.2006-02-15_10.00.32 Error: create_file.c:283
Could not open
/var/backup/bacularestore/var/lib/pgsql/data/dump/fifo/bacula.schema.dump:
ERR=Unterbrechung während des Betriebssystemaufrufs

The restore of other regular files works without problems.

I now think that bacula tries to restore the attributes of the fifo (since this
was a fifo where the backup was taken from). Is there a way to override this
and tell bacula that it should restore into a regular file instead?

No idea... but what happens if you simply set up the FIFO and start another process that reads the FIFO nd writes to a regular file? I could imagine that cat ...dump > /tmp/pgdump.sql does what you need...

Arno

Any help would much be appreciated.

Regards
-Marcel

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]