If you search the list archive, you'll see that I documented similar behavior a few weeks ago. I submitted a bug report that apparently may have been fixed, though a patch has not yet been issued.

http://bugs.bacula.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=0000543

Cheers,
Ian

On Feb 17, 2006, at 5:11 PM, Lee, Raymond wrote:

I have a similar problem to Chris'. I have an autochanger with 2 drives. My conf files are similar to Chris' except that my Director resource in bacula-dir.conf has Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20.

When I run two jobs concurrently, the status of the second job is "waiting for an appendable Volume", and the status of the second drive becomes "Device is BLOCKED waiting for media." I tried to mount another tape into the second drive from bconsole, but nothing happened.

When the first job finished, the autochanger took the tape from drive1, inserted it into drive2, and proceeded to run the second job.

I only have one Pool set up. Do I need to create another one and make one job run from Pool1 and the other job run from Pool2?

Please let me know if you'd like to see some conf file snippets.

Thanks,
Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:bacula-users- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Wilson
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 4:25 PM
To: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Bacula-users] multiple tape drives at once not working properly

Hi,

I have a tape library with four drives in it, and would like to use all four drives at once, rather than just one of the drives. I’ve read through archives on this email list, as well as the bacula documentation, and followed the recommendations on how to do this, but it doesn’t seem to be working. When I check the director’s status, one job is running while the other jobs say they’re “waiting on max Storage jobs.” Only one drive is being used in the tape library.

In my bacula-dir.conf, I set “Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4” in the Director resource, and “Prefer Mounted Volumes = no” for the JobDefs resource. In my bacula-sd.conf, I set “Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20” for the Storage resource.

Any thoughts on what’s not configured properly?

-Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED]