-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Brian A.
Seklecki
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 5:55 PM
To: Andreas Freyvogel
Cc: bacula-users
Subject: RE: [Bacula-users] problems restoring files

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 17:23 -0800, Andreas Freyvogel wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand where I would specify -f 100 when running

You probably start bacula using /usr/local/etc/rc.d/z-bacula.sh ?

Essentially, when you do a "ps gauxww|grep -i bacula", you'll see that
the .sh script is running the "bacula-dir" binary as:

bacula   39615  0.0  0.8  7068 3916  p3  S+   Fri01AM
0:40.96 /usr/local/sbin/bacula-dir -u bacula -g bacula -v
-c /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf

-d and -f will put the binary in foreground mode.  -s is also useful.
Thus, when you open up a second dedicated terminal just to for the debug
session, run the command as:

/usr/local/sbin/bacula-dir -u bacula -g bacula -v \
-c /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf -f -d100 -s

You'll also need to run the -fd and -sd without the -d, presumably, but
for your problem, it might be useful to run the -sd with -d100 -f as
well.