On 21 Feb 2006 at 23:26, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Dan: could you make some comment (off-list if you want) about the two
> chio-changer scripts?  As I mentioned previously, unless a number of
> people tell me that there should only be one script, I am more
> inclined to keep both -- unless Pascal Pederiva has something to say

I'm using rc-chio-changer under FreeBSD 6 with success. I had trouble
with mtx-changer under 6 so I went to rc-chio-changer when it was
recommended to me.  FWIW, I have used mtx-changer under FreeBSD 4.

I think we should go to just one chio script eventually.  We have
four now:

chio-bacula                     chio-changer.Sony-TSL-SA300C
chio-changer                    rc-chio-changer

And seven mtx scripts:

ak-mtx-changer.txt              mtx-changer.Sony-TSL-SA300C
locking-mtx-changer             mtx-changer.StorageTek-HPA4853
mtx-changer.Adic-Scalar-100     solaris-mtx-changer
mtx-changer.Adic-Scalar-24

We could almost make another project with tape library scripts. :)

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php