Erik P. Olsen a écrit :
> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>

>>> Something else: If bacula is not running as root, does it have
>>> enough  permissions to access the unix socket (like /tmp/mysql.sock)
>>> it needs  for communicating with mysql?
>>

>> Maybe mysql is listening to another socket?
>>
> OK, found the socket. Mysql is apparently listening to
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and bacula tries to open /tmp/mysql.sock.

Ok so, if you didn't already fixed this, take a look at /etc/my.cnf or
/etc/mysq/my.cnf (might depends on your MySQL installation/packages).

Search for the parameter named "socket" in the the section named "client".

Here is the example of a Debian Sarge:

  [client]
  port            = 3306
  socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

You can also look in your user directory for file .my.cnf with the same
kind of configuration stuff.

--
Baptiste MALGUY - IT Engineer                               SOLSOFT
PGP Fingerprint: 2A90 B6D1 855F 1584 FE68  94AC CCD6 36D0 3DC7 DCB8