Hi Martin,

I got no idea what's causing it.. In the past i've just used RPM's, but it
seems building bacula from source is the flavour of the month and this is the
first time i've done it.

Beren Gamble
Network Analyst
Technical Team, Harrow IT Services
020 8424 1485 (int. ext. 2485)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Martin Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 03/08/06 9:14 PM >>>
>
> Hi!
>
> Can someone please make sense of this for me? Google couldn't help..
>
> I've built it on another server with the same OS just fine, but this one
> bombs with this error
>
> + make mtx
> Building mtx
> (cd `echo mtx-*`; ./configure; make)
> checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you
> must specify one
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/depkgs/mtx-1.2.17kes'
> make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/depkgs/mtx-1.2.17kes'
> make: *** [mtx] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5853 (%build)
>
> here's the build command I use:
> rpmbuild --rebuild --define "build_rhel4 1" --define "build_mysql4 1"
> bacula-1.38.5-4.src.rpm

Maybe some autoconf snafu?  I can't find that error message in the configure
script from Bacula's main source distribution, so maybe it was generated
locally on your machine?

__Martin

Mail FROM London Borough of Harrow:
Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic, in whole or
in part. You are advised to check directly with the sender before acting upon
any e-mail received.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is confidential
and is intended for receipt by the above named addressee(s) only. If you have
otherwise encountered this message please notify its originator via +44(0)20
8863 5611 at LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. The  views
expressed within this message are those of the individual sender and not
necessarily those of Harrow Council.

Mail TO London Borough of Harrow:
London Borough of Harrow monitors all electronic mail it receives for Policy
compliance and to protect its systems including anti-spam and anti-virus
measures.

Electronic mail does not guarantee delivery, nor notification of non-delivery.
It is suggested you contact your intended recipient(s) by other means should
confirmation of receipt be important.