Hi Robert,

I had the same problem here and the solution is quite easy with bacula:

1. I created a batch file on the client (i.e. c:\bacula\before_back.bat)

2. create a VBS Script with the following code:
Dim oOL
Set oOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
oOL.Quit

3. save it as c:\bacula\close_outlook.vbs

4. add the following to start the vbscript in your batch
Cscript "c:\bacula\close_outlook.vbs"

5. In the director configuration you have to add the following in your
job-definition
   Client RunBeforeJob= "c:/bacula/before_back.bat"

The above will start the batch on the client before the backup begins.
The VBS Script connects to Outlook and Closes it. I have some additional
functions in the batch (save registry and so on) which makes it
necessary to have an additional batch file.

Cheers,
Michael