Arno Lehmann wrote:
Hi,
On 3/10/2006 6:18 PM, DAve wrote:
Good morning,
So I guess my question really is, "is there a preferred database
backend for Bacula?".
Depending on who you ask, I think ;-)
I could have expected that, but I had to ask...
System will be a fresh install from FreeBSD ports (normally I use src
but I'm just too dang busy right now).
- FreeBSD 5
- SATA RAID 1
Make this a RAID 5 or 6, preferrably with a "real" RAID controller, more
preferrable with a stand-alone system - losing a TB of customers data
due to hard disk breakdown is definitely no fun.
Currently I can only do mirrors. But since it took me over a year to get
the equipment I have, I'll not turn it down.
> Also, make sure you
> have the ability to produce and handle off-site copies of that data.
One thing at a time, first I'd just like to get backups running.
Currently I have Bacula saving my websites and scripts pushing A's data
to B, and B's data to C, and C's data to A and so on. I setup what I
have just for SMA sake. (I had previously heard about companies that
won't invest in backups because it doesn't "make money", I have found
myself in one such company.)
- 1gb private LAN
- File storage
- Current Bacula storage is exceeding 100mb on two independant Bacula
installs
- Projected storage requirements will be 500mb
Really MB? then it doesn't sound like you will notice any difference
between even an out-of-the-box database setup and a carefully tuned
database with the best choice for Bacula...
DOH! that should be 100gb backup file size. The data is scattered across
all my servers throughout the local and remote NOCs. I could go
calculate the exact dataset size I could generate today, but I'm lazy ;^)
(if we begin offering client backups, this will go past 1tb quickly)
If you think about 1 TB per full backup run as opposed to one TB overall
storage for all backup generations that's definitely different...
1TB of data per full backup. But that will be entirely different
equipment, I'll be posting again when and if that time comes.
Thanks,
DAve
--
This message was checked by forty monkeys and
found to not contain any SPAM whatsoever.
Your monkeys may vary
-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users