[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know more about the actual status of the encryptions with
> Bacula.
>
> - Can we encrypt datas on tape ? I see in the FileSet options that there is
> possible "encryption" option, but it's not documented. Is it hard to
> implement ?

There is code in CVS HEAD that implements data encryption at the File
Daemon. There is not yet support for encrypting the data at the Storage
Daemon, but this is on my TODO list.

There is no support for data encryption in the current stable release of
Bacula; only transport encryption is supported in 1.38.x.

> - Can we natively encrypt  communications without using stunnel ?
> I see in the news : You must add --with-openssl to the configure command line
> if you want TLS communications encryption support.
> I compiled bacula with openssl, but there is no documentation about how to
> use
> that, how to generate certificates, and where to put them. Is the TLS
> included in the actual windows client ?

TLS is natively supported on UNIX platforms. Win32 support is
forthcoming -- it's merely a matter of time, and I'm totally slammed
with work.[1]

Documentation on configuring TLS is located here:
        http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Bacula_TLS.html

It can be a bit complicated to set up.

-landonf

[1] Help me be less slammed! We're hiring for a FreeBSD
Administrator/Junior Software Engineer:
        http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/sad/135604894.html