Hi all,

I've just joined the list and I apologise in advance for any Stupid Questions
(TM).

I've installed Bacula version 1.36.2-2sarge1 and I'm having trouble getting the
console started:
# bconsole -c ./bconsole.conf
Connecting to Director xxxxxxxx:9101
Director authorization problem.
Most likely the passwords do not agree.
Please see http://www.bacula.org/html-manual/faq.html#AuthorizationErrors for
help.
ERR=

I've set passwords, checked, double-checked and triple-checked the passwords
according to the pretty graphic here:
http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Customizin_Configurat_Files.html#SECTION000133000000000000000
So I think the passwords are all correct. (They were all blank from the
install.)

I have tested all the configuration files:
xxxxxxxx:/etc/bacula# bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf
xxxxxxxx:/etc/bacula# bacula-fd -t -c bacula-fd.conf
xxxxxxxx:/etc/bacula# bacula-sd -t -c bacula-sd.conf
xxxxxxxx:/etc/bacula# bconsole -t -c bconsole.conf
And did not get any errors printed.

I admit that I have not comprehensively read the documentation at bacula.org,
so I may be missing something simple. Or is it something specifially quirky to
Debian that I haven't found out?

Thanks,
Greg