Kern Sibbald wrote:
Hello Scott,

I think we are having a few problems with directory permissions on the Bacula working directory, which for the rpm is /var/bacula. I think we need some changer in the configuration code to fix it, because currently all three daemons use the same directory, which is fine from a Bacula stand point, but from a permissions stand point, it won't work unless someone has a good idea.

The problem is that the running permissions of Bacula are:

Daemon    User    Group
Dir         bacula    bacula
FD         root        root (I think)
SD        bacula     disk

I was thinking about having a separate subdirectory (/var/bacula/dir-working, ...) for each daemon, but in looking at the above table, it seems to me that the solution is simply to change the owner from the default, which is root to bacula. That should allow all daemons to access it with no changes after installing the rpm.

What do you (or anyone else) think?

I just did a clean install by building the rpms and the File daemon is set to run as root.bacula, not root.root as you suggest.

I changed ownership and perms on /var/bacula as follows

drwxrwx---   2 root    bacula  4.1k Mar 15 23:10 bacula/

[EMAIL PROTECTED] var]# ls bacula/
total 33k
-rw-r-----  1 bacula bacula  198 Mar 15 23:10 BackupCatalog.bsr
-rw-r-----  1 bacula bacula  560 Mar 15 21:53 bacula-dir.9101.state
-rw-rw----  1 root   bacula  192 Mar 15 17:01 bacula-fd.9102.state
-rw-rw----  1 root   bacula 3.0k Mar 15 23:10 buckeye-dir.conmsg
-rw-r-----  1 bacula bacula  217 Mar 15 21:54 Client1.bsr
-rw-rw-r--  1 root   bacula 8.6k Mar 15 23:10 log

and this is working, at least for the tutorial examples.

Mark Nienberg