Hello,

I'm using bacula 1.38.5 on around 20 machines and I have some
questions concerning disaster recovery.

a) The rescue cdrom
I'd like to use the bacula client shipped on the Knoppix but the
version is 1.36.2.
Will there be a version conflict in case of a restore from my 1.38.5
bacula server ?
Do you know another livecds containing bacula client ?

Besides, I remember having read Kern writing of a different approach
for the livecd. If I'm correct, the aim was to build a generic rescue
cd. Is this project burried ?

b)  In case of disaster on the bacula server, the documentation
mentions 2 solutions :

   1. Bring up static versions of your Director, Catalog, and Storage daemon.
   2. Move your server to another machine.

I wondered if a third solution based on a full backup on one tape and
a statically compiled bextract would work ? If so, it could be a
"cheap arhiving" solution (just a copy of a volume with a full backup
on dvd or another hard disk).

Thanks in advance,
--
Mikael Kermorgant