Giuseppe wrote:

Hi!
This is not really a problem, I'm just asking which is the best way to do a thing. I've to backup about 13GB of Mysql Databases, so I 've 2 possibile solutions:

1) include /var/lib/mysql in fileset resource
2) run "mysqldump --all-databases" before job

Should I stop mysqld before a backup?

Which is the best way to do so?
Any other suggestion is well accepted! :)

Thanks!

Giuseppe

This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!

Hi Giuseppe,

Might I suggest a look at mysqlhotcopy. This would be quite a bit faster than mysqldump and may do what you need it to do given the size of your DB's. You can find out about it here http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysqlhotcopy.html

I'm not sure of the version that you are using but this hasn't changed much since it first came in. There is also a java version shown on the web page.

Regards

--

David Logan
South Australia