I'm having strange happenings recently on a working bacula installation.
Since a couple of weeks, the last Backup_catalog job is
randomly not performed (some days it runs, some days it does not).
All the previous jobs are performed correctly.
If I look at the job queue when the first job starts (23:00), I can see all the 5 jobs waiting for their moment (they are scheduled with a difference of 10 mins each), and the Backup_catalog is there, last in queue.
The next day I see that the Backup_catalog is missing from the list of bacula emails.
And infact, the tape is not ejected (the Backup_catalog runs the end_of_backup.sh to eject the tape).
I looked inside the log file, but no trace of the job, not even a cancel action.
Using bconsole and issuing "cancel", no job is waiting.
...disappeared...
Do you have an idea?
Gabriele.

Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com