Bill Moran wrote:
> I've been deploying Bacula here for a few weeks now.  All servers are
> being backed up from three locations.  Very nice.
>
> Now it's time to start on the mobile machines.  The one that has me
> concerned is the one Macintosh laptop that we have.
>
> Anyone running a Bacula FD on a Macintosh?  Is it stable/reliable?
> Of course, couple that with the challenge of backing up a laptop
> and the whole thing is likely to be challenging.  I'm interested
> to hear any an all stories and follow any and all links regarding
> using Bacula FD on a Mac, and/or laptop.  Google was not terribly
> helpful, but I may not have been crafting the best search strings.
>
> TIA for any information.

I run it on my Mac (laptop) at home and have run into a couple of issues.

First of all, don't use the bacula-fd that comes from Fink.  My
experience was that it would hang almost nightly and cause any backups
from then on to fail until I restarted it.  I've had good luck with the
version in Darwin Ports, it's been running for about a week now.  The
only issue there was my WiFi connection going away in the middle of the
night.  I'm not sure I can blame that on bacula (yet :) ), so it may
just be a coincidence.  The Darwin Ports version also comes with a
launchd config file so you can have it start automatically on boot.

--
Dan Rich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |   http://www.employees.org/~drich/