On Thursday 06 April 2006 16:41, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I experienced last night this error and it is not very pleasant to have to
> run the nightly back-up manually in daytime. So I would like to prevent it
> from happening. If I increase the wait timeout for the mysql server to more
> than the longest interval between back-ups I think it will accomplish just
> that, but where do I set this timeout value and how?

In addition to the other comments, if I am not mistaken, there is a Problems
section in the MySQL chapter of the manual that points you off to the MySQL
documentation on this.

This has nothing to do with you, Eric, but since we are on the subject of
MySQL timeouts: one user troubled by this problem was aserting that Bacula
remains connected at all times to the MySQL database.  Nothing could be
farther from the truth (or at least the intention), unless it is a new bug,
which is unlikely because I am not experiencing this problem on my 4.1 MySQL
database.