I think the previous configuration was correct.
I will try to reproduce the crash and see the exact circumstances, and submit the info to http://bugs.bacula.org
Thanks again.

Cedric Tefft wrote:
Jaime Ventura wrote:

Ok, i understand that. But should i report it as a bug?
Should i never use the "reload" command on the console any more?
If i do "/etc/init.d/bacula-dir restart", at least i wont have a "Segmentation violation"...:(
Well, thanks anyway.

Well, I don't think it was technically the reload that caused the crash. From your original report, the last line in the log file before the crash was about "Resetting previous configuration", so it would appear the problem is not so much in the reload command, but in bacula's attempt to revert to the previous config.

This does look like a bug, and you can report it as such (go to http://bugs.bacula.org), but it's a bug that would only occur when your config file is invalid, so my suspicion is that it may not be at the top of Kern's to do list. But I don't want to speak for the guy, and it can't hurt to try, so by all means, give it a shot.

- Cedric

This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!