Hi.

I'm trying to get the overall picture about communication process of director,
file- and storage-daemon.

I've read the developers' guide and now I know that director tells
file-daemons to contact with storage daemon. In the SD part there's written
about SD's append requests: "A data append session is opened with the Job ID
given by JobId with client password (if required) ..."
The question is - who tells storage-daemon to require client's password and if
it gets the client's password, what will it do with it? I don't see any
options for SD to verify client's password somehow..

Another similar question is about encryption. Who tells client whether it
should encrypt the communication with SD if SD is configured with "TLS Enable
= yes" and "TLS Require = no"?

I'm just trying to get a picture about security of some backup-products :)

Silver