Hello,

On 5/5/2006 12:42 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/04/06 6:59  >>>

Hello,

On 5/4/2006 4:38 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

I'm running winbacula-1.38.8 on a win2003 server. The director is 1.36.3

Not a good idea, but that's fixed, I suppose.

Why not a good idea?

Because, AFAIK, 1.38 is not proven to be compatible with 1.36. Note that I had that combination runnin for some time, too, and didn't see any problems, but then I didn't check all features.

From the release notes:

Major Changes in 1.38:
- The Director, Storage daemon, and File daemons are
  Deamons are not compatible with prior versions.
  All FDs must be upgraded at the same time.

on a SuSE SLES 9.0. It keeps failing to connect with the usual error message.
However I can ping the win server and telnet to port 9102. I restart the daemon on both ends and it still keeps loosing connection. I tried setting the administrator logon in the File Daemon and updating the FD (to 1.38.8). It's the only server I'm having this problem with...so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Firewall in between?

Ah sorry I forgot to mention that. No firewall, both hosts on the LAN behind firewall.
Host access?

??

I qoute from my /etc/hosts.allow:

# See `man tcpd´ and `man 5 hosts_access´ for a detailed description
# of /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny.

Passwords don't match?

It sometimes makes a connx.

Ah... sometimes. Difficult beast. Have you tried observing the network traffic using, for example, tcpdump or ethereal?

Or do other services suffer similar problems?

Arno

Did you try connecting from the FD to the SD? Being able to telnet _to_ the win server is not enough, the FD initiates the connection to the SD.

Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Arno

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be confidential and/or copyrighted. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. USIT has scanned this email for viruses and dangerous content and believes it to be clean. However, virus scanning is ultimately the responsibility of the recipient.

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]