Hello,

Thanks for your offer of help.

On Thursday 01 June 2006 08:41, MaxxAtWork wrote:
> On 5/31/06, Kern Sibbald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > If anyone on this list is using XFS and ACLs, would you please let me
> > know.  I need some help debugging an apparent problem with Bacula ACLs.
>
> Hello Kern,
> I'm not exactly using XFS and ACL, but on my bacula-director server
> (not yet in full production) I have a terabyte storage formatted under
> XFS, so if you have a specific
> test in mind, I can try to execute it.

Yes, it sounds like you might be an ideal site for testing the problems
reported on the developer's list.  I include a copy of the email below.  I am
going to try to learn more about his setup today.  Can I assume that you are
using or trying 1.38.9 and that you can build from source?

I've now added some debug code to the acl.c source file so, if we can
reproduce his problems, at least we can see exactly what Bacula is
complaining about.

Do you know anything about ACLs on XFS?

Kern

====== previous emails =========
Re: [Bacula-users] ACL restore failed
 From: le dahut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To: Kern Sibbald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello,

We work for the French education ministry. We have about 1200 servers
running Bacula which cannot restore there files. Those servers are used
by teachers and students (about 500 users for a server) so very much
people will be affected if there's a problem.

I tested it many times and on different machines, and I still get the
same error.

It's really urgent to find a solution. Can you help us ? Must I contact
someone else (who ?) ?

Sorry for being so insistent, it's "dramatic" for us.

Regards,
Klaas TJEBBES