Hi Peter,

Tks for your advice.

> > 3) The backup image can be read without restore
>
> You mean like browsing? Yeah, it is possible.

Yes.  Can its files be copied similar to a tarball.  I can read and
copy files from a tarball after mounting it without acturally
decompressing it.

> > 4) In order to reduce the time in creating another backup image
> after
> > working several days, the second backup will be started on the
> original
> > backup image.
>
> Incremental? Sure, bacula supports that.

Yes, but I expect the new compressed image will not contain the files
and subdir which have been deleted on the working Data file.  The
compressing time will be reduced otherwise if without much gain on time
I prefer to create a new compressed image instead.

> > I'm now running tar+bzip2 doing the job but can't do incremental
> > backup.  Would Bacula suit my application?
>
> It would, however, maybe it would be difficult to master in first
> time,
> as it requires several daemons to run and configure (vice versa
> simple
> scripts using. After that, it could be piece of cake.

Sorry for not having explained clear on my first posting.  Incremental
backup is possible but files and subdir already deteted on the working
Data directory will be retained in the new compressed tarball.  Besides
there is not much gain on time.

Others noted with tks.

B.R.
SL