On Tuesday 04 July 2006 09:07, Timo Neuvonen wrote:
> > Anybody know where i found the rpm package of bacula-fd to FC3?
>
> Yes, even the older packages seem to have been dropped from SF.

The older packages are not dropped from SF, they all still exist.  To keep the
release page from having thousands of entries, non-recent releases are
"hidden" from the main page, but they all still exist, and if you learn to
navigate SF, you can get to them -- if I remember right, you simply click on
"Older releases".

If by "older packages" you really mean packages for older OSes, then yes at
some point, we stop building them. It takes a lot of time and effort as well
as machines running the older OSes, and no one pays us for it.  If that is
what you mean, then your suggestion below is a good way to go.  Building from
source is not very hard, and it is documented both for building from .tar.gz
and from .src.rpm in the manual.