Hi all,

A client of mine would like to backup their single Debian server and they have
purchased two external 100Gb USB2 HDDs for this purpose. I'm looking at using
Bacula to do this, but can't work out a graceful way of configuring Bacula to
do this. (Bacula version 1.36.2-2sarge1 on Debian Stable.)

Graceful in this context means all a user has to do is on a Monday, go off-site
& retrieve HDD 'B', bring HDD 'B' back to office, unplug HDD 'A', plug in HDD
'B' and take HDD 'A' off-site. (i.e. automount and post-job unmount or
something like that? - see below)

So I can identify each HDD by the UUID of the filesystem and mount them in a
suitable location, i.e. /mnt/backupusbhddA, /mnt/backupusbhddB.
Or I can just have /dev/sdd automatically mounted on /mnt/backupusbhdd,
irrespective of which HDD is actually plugged in.

What I can't figure out (and I've been slogging through the manual so maybe I
just haven't found the right section, or I lost it in the reams of information
:p) is how to:
1) tell Bacula to use a different mount point for the same backup job,
(backupusbhdd{A,B}) depending on which mount point actually has something
mounted on it, or;
2) have Bacula use a single mount point and if there is a volume that is due
for expiry, reuse it or if there are not expiring volumes present, create a new
one. (i.e. monthly, weekly, daily.)

I know each approach has pros and cons and I know some of them, but I am
wondering if anyone has done this before (using two external USB HDDs) and what
they did to solve the problem, and what pros and cons they found?

Thanks,
Greg