Hi,

I've got a problem restoring files with bacula, I think it is related to my
setup which I'll explain first.

I've got two backup routines running at the same time, one to our NAS (full
weekly, daily incrementals). The other one goes to a (few) external HDD's for
offsite storage. That one is a Full backup, done once a week.

All backups are using the same catalogue. (<- perhaps this is (part of) the
problem, unsure)

For each server there are two jobs, referring to the same Client and Fileset.

I use the GNOME-Console and click on the Restore button.
I select the right Job, client, fileset, pool and storage.
I click "Select files". This is where the problems arise:
The table in the GUI is garbled, with a bit of trouble I can read "Expected
positive integer, got: dir"
The console shows the following:
--------------------%<------------------------
restore select current fileset="server" client="server-fd" pool="NAS-Files"
storage="FileNAS"Using default Catalog name=MyCatalog DB=bacula
+-------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------+-----------+
| JobId | Level | JobFiles | JobBytes    | StartTime           | VolumeName  |
StartFile |
+-------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------+-----------+
| 5,227 | F     |    7,400 | 229,440,478 | 2006-07-22 01:40:05 | HDDWeekly01 |

55 |
| 5,278 | I     |        5 |      14,806 | 2006-07-22 23:24:47 | NASVol0007  |

12 |
+-------+-------+----------+-------------+---------------------+-------------+-----------+
You have selected the following JobIds: 5227,5278

Building directory tree for JobId 5227 ...
Building directory tree for JobId 5278 ...
2 Jobs, 7,225 files inserted into the tree.
Warning, the JobIds that you selected refer to more than one MediaType.
Restore is not possible. The MediaTypes used are:
File
FileNAS
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: RemovableHDD
     3: FileNAS
Select Storage resource (1-3): Expected a positive integer, got: cd /
Select Storage resource (1-3): Expected a positive integer, got: .messages
Select Storage resource (1-3):
--------------------%<------------------------

I guess this should say it...

Any help greatly appreciated!

One more question though, the NAS takes full backups and incrementals. If a
backup to an external HDD is taken after the NAS backup; are the incrementals
relative to the NAS or the HDD?

If an upgrade would resolve this, I'd like to know. Because it is a lot of
work to update all agents, I haven't tried that one yet. Perhaps an
auto-update feature for the agents would be a very nice feature! It would
make large deployments much easier to manage.

Many thanks,
Ger.

PS: As of this afternoon, it is possible that I cannot respond to inquiries
for a couple of days, I'll get back to you for sure!! Thanks!

--
ARGOSS: your partner for atmospheric, marine & coastal information
P O Box 61

Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer
The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the e-mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, or one of
those persons, you are not allowed to take any action based upon it or to
copy it, forward, distribute or disclose the contents of it and you should
please delete it from your system.

ARGOSS Holding BV and its subsidiaries do not accept any liability for any
errors or omissions in the context of this e-mail or its attachments which
arise as a result of Internet transmission, nor accept liability for
statements which are those of the author and not clearly made on behalf of
ARGOSS.