Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. TcpView is a nice way of viewing
connections, but as I found out, won't tell you if tcp-filtering is
turned on, which was my problem! It's now working again after I added
port 9102 to tcp-filtering exceptions as well as windows firewall!

- -Brandon King

Georger Araujo wrote:
> Get TCPView from
> http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html and
> check if bacula-fd.exe is really listening on port
> 9102. It definitely could be a firewall issue.
> Double-check exceptions, both in programs and ports,
> and make sure the client (IP and port) is correctly
> configured on both sides (bacula-dir.conf and
> bacula-fd.conf). Regards,
>
> Georger
>
> --- Brandon King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

>> Hello,
>>     I've got bacula setup and running on a Linux
>> server and I've been
>> trying to setup up clients. So, far I've tried three
>> WinXP machines.
>> Two of them worked just fine, but one of them I am
>> having trouble
>> with. For some reason bacula-fd.exe service doesn't
>> seem to be opening
>> up port 9102 or it's being blocked by windows.
>>     I have opened up port 9102 in the Windows
>> firewall. I ran nmap
>> from the server running bacula-dir/sd before Windows
>> firewall was
>> opened up and got the following output:
>>
>> Starting Nmap 4.03 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
>> at 2006-07-31
>> 12:26 PDT
>> Interesting ports on [snip: domain] ([snip: ip]):
>> PORT     STATE  SERVICE
>> 9102/tcp filtered unknown
>>
>> After opening up the port, I get the following
>> output:
>>
>> Starting Nmap 4.03 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
>> at 2006-07-31
>> 12:26 PDT
>> Interesting ports on [snip: domain] ([snip: ip]):
>> PORT     STATE  SERVICE
>> 9102/tcp closed unknown
>>
>> When I run nmap against another WinXP box that is
>> working with bacula,
>> then I get this output with nmap.
>>
>> Starting Nmap 4.03 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
>> at 2006-07-31
>> 12:26 PDT
>> Interesting ports on [snip: domain] ([snip: ip]):
>> PORT     STATE  SERVICE
>> 9102/tcp open   unknown
>>
>> When I run netstat -an on the WinXP box which is NOT
>> working with
>> bacula, it shows that it's listening on port 9102. I
>> just doing get
>> it... Is it possible Windows firewall or some other
>> part of windows
>> isn't letting bacula-fd.exe talk to the outside
>> world? Any ideas of
>> where I should look? What other information can I
>> provide you guy
>> which would help diagnose this problem?
>>
>> - -Brandon King

> Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu
celular. Registre seu aparelho agora!