hi list

i'm looking for a way to code in the ability to provide the user do to
download a file from a backup  through a web interface, as all our backups
are online. the information about the file can be fetched directly from the
catalog, but getting the actual file is slightly more difficult. using the
bconsole tool and a local filedaemon is a bit cumbersome so i am looking for
a more easier way.

i've been looking through the devel manual on how bconsole and the director
and the director and the storagedaemon communicate but it doesnt make it much
clearer for me. my goal is to implement a few items from the console to
restore a file from a backup to a filedaemon of my own wich instead of saving
the file to disk hands it to the web server to hand of to the user.

i've seen some mentioning about a java implementation of the bconsole<->
director communications, but cant seem to find any concrete stuff. has/is
anyone  still working on this?

fritz