On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Erik Dykema wrote:

>    Everything is working normally in all respects but one: When I
> issue the label command, and give bacula a tape name, a slot number,
> and a drive number, it successfully labels tapes.  Example pasted
> below (example 1 - working).
>     However, when I use the 'label barcodes' command, everything
> seems to be about to work, but then a weird error pops up which looks
> like:
>
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.
> 3991 Bad autochanger "loaded drive 0" command: ERR=Child exited with code 1.

FWIW... I must modify the installed mtx-changer script to enable the
'inventory' command; it is commented by default.  You might check to
see if enabling this in your installed script helps.

    -- Michael

    list)
       debug "Doing mtx -f $ctl -- to list volumes"
       make_temp_file
# Enable the following if you are using barcodes and need an inventory
       ${MTX} -f $ctl inventory            <============ this line
       ${MTX} -f $ctl status >${TMPFILE}