Hello,

On 8/25/2006 9:57 AM, Diego wrote:
> If I want only two volumes in a pool and each volume is used once. (one
> volume per day also) I put:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Automatico
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Maximum Volumes = 2
>   Purge Oldest Volume = yes
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
>   LabelFormat = "Copia_Postgres-${Day:p/2/0/r}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Year}"
> }
>
> But when I third job runs, It will recycle the oldest volume, then the
> label will not change. I want that label with the correct date. Not a
> overwritted volume.
> How can I do that?

Not inside Bacula.

A volume always keeps its name unless you manually relabel it.

The main purpose of a backup solution like Bacula is, IMO, to manage the
volumes, so I'd say there's not actually the need to have human-readable
volume names telling you what's in them. YMMV.

What you want could be achieved by some clever scripting, but I don't
have a fixed recipe. For example, (assuming there is a python event that
happens when a volume is needed) use a script that deletes the oldes
volume, and let Bacula create a new one, or create a new volume from
inside that script.

Similar results could be achieved by any script run as a "Run Before
Job" command, but that wouldn't be sycronized with the actual need for
volumes then.

Hope this gives you some useful ideas,

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]