Hello,

On 8/29/2006 7:20 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:

>>>Yes, I use MaxStartDelay to automatically cancel jobs that are no more in
>
> time, so that I'm sure that Bacula is ready for the new job of the next
> night.
>
>>>Probably you're right about it: MaxStartDelay is causing cancel of jobs.
>
> The reason is that now I discovered that jobs are VERY slow during the night
> (1000Kb/s), compared to how they run if I schedule them during the day
> (8000Kb/s). This is causing a too long backup and causing the cancel of jobs.
>
>>>What is strange is: why is not Bacula sending me reports about this
>
> canceled jobs?
>
>>>When, for example, I  put a wrong tape, I get a lot of "Intervention
>
> needed", followed by  a final list of  "Canceled"  reports, when the
> MaxStartDelay has been reached.
>
>>>Why not in this case?
>>
>>Yes, I would say that is a bug if no notification is generated (as long as
>
> the
>
>>Messages resource allows it).

I haven't investigated this, but I *think* Gabriele and Martin might be
correct with assuming a bug. Reason?

I've seen the same, but this will need more investigation, I think.
Should be easily reproduced.

> I suspect that the messages are generated at the daemon level as there is
> probably no job associated with them.  If the daemon messages are not
> properly configured as was the case in some of the older default releases,
> they will simply be bit bucketed.
>
> Basically to ensure that you "see" daemon messages, you need to ensure that
> each daemon (particularly the Director) has a "Messages = xxx" in the daemon
> resource (Director { } for the director, ...).

Hmm, unless I'm really wrong I have these resources everywhere...

Arno

> Regards,
>
> Kern
>

>>__Martin

>>>Da: Martin Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>>A: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>>Cc: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>>>Data: 25 agosto 2006 22.15.13 CEST
>>>Oggetto: Re: [Bacula-users] Help with jobs disappearing!

>>>I would start by checking the units of your MaxStartDelay value, just in
>
> case
>
>>>it is causing cancellation.
>>>Did the time taken by the wserver job change much on the day the iserver
>
> was
>
>>>first missing (presumably Aug 19) compared to Aug 18?
>>>__Martin

>>Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
>>Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
>
> easier
>
>>Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
>>http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]