I was able just now to work further with the FNI0016 tape that was
not mounting.  I purged and relabeled that particular tape, and now
it is mounting.  All I can figure is that the tape label was lost
somehow.  I don't remember a specific incident where that would have
happened, but I have had a couple of "SCSI events" that may have
done something I did not understand at the time.

Kern, thank you again; I hate to waste time with non-problems, and
as I learn more about administering Bacula I will know much more
quickly how to work with specific situations.  The more I work with
Bacula the more I come to respect its depth.

    -- Michael

Device status:
Autochanger "Q47" with devices:
    "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0)
    "Drive-1" (/dev/nst1)
    "Drive-2" (/dev/nst2)
    "Drive-3" (/dev/nst3)
Device "FileStorage" (/backup/bacula) is not open.
Device "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0) is mounted with Volume="FNI0016"
Pool="NNNNNN-Daily"
     Slot 20 is loaded in drive 0.
     Total Bytes Read=129,024 Blocks Read=2 Bytes/block=64,512
     Positioned at File=0 Block=0
Device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst1) is not open.
     Drive 1 status unknown.
Device "Drive-2" (/dev/nst2) is not open.
     Drive 2 status unknown.
Device "Drive-3" (/dev/nst3) is not open.
     Drive 3 status unknown.
====

In Use Volume status:
FNI0016 on device "Drive-0" (/dev/nst0)