See my notes below.

On Thursday 14 September 2006 01:34, Richard Mortimer wrote:
> Some data from my tests below. I'm working with current CVS (13/Sep)
> plus a few patches to make relabel work (I don't think that they will
> change behaviour of the second volume stuff).
>
> Note I've sent this data to bacula-devel and will post any follow-ups
> there.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

There is a good chance that it is the check_can_write_on_non_blank_dvd() that
is getting in the way.  I never have liked this subroutine, though I can
reluctantly admit to the necessity, but it has never had "proper" code to
ensure that it is only called at the right time.  I have had this on my todo
list for some time, and I suspect that after the code reorganization I did
last time, this will not be too hard.  If you are interested in trying to
tweak this, I suspect that you can just add an additional test to the if that
is around the check_can_write.  It should not enter the code if we are going
to append (mode != OPEN_READ_ONLY).