In terms of disaster recovery, if I lost my bacula server along with the
catalog (or the catalog is backed up but encrypted on a tape) can I
still restore from an encrypted tape? From your reply I know that I need
bacula installed to read the encrypted data, but (other then the keys)
what else do I need to recover the encrypted data from the tape?

I remember reading some where in the docs that if the job is no longer
in the catalog then I will need to use bscan to determine what's on the
tape and to restore from it (which is why I referenced btape, ect, in my
last E-mail).  Can I still do this with encrypted tapes or have I
misunderstood the process?

Thanks,

Deric