Daniel,

On Monday 25 September 2006 10:13, Daniel Hoeving wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thank you, I've discovered the issue. Who ever set our back-ups up
> originally set a file retention period of thirty days and a job
> retention period of 365 so while I can see the job, the files are
> pruned...

        You're welcome! And, that would do it.

> As I understand it from the manual I can use bscan to recover such
> files, however there doesn't seem to be a bscan executable file in our
> install is it a separate package (looked on the site, and it doesn't
> look like it)? And the man page doesn't say anything about using
> bscan.mysql etc...
>       deuteronomy:/etc/bacula# locate bscan
>       /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.mysql
>       /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.pgsql
>       /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.sqlite
>       /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.8.gz
>       /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.mysql.8.gz
>       /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.pgsql.8.gz
>       /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.sqlite.8.gz
>       deuteronomy:/etc/bacula#

        You don't say what distribution of Linux, what version of Bacula you
are
using, or whether Bacula was pre-packaged or installed & compiled from
source, so I'm afraid that I can't help you with this question.

        With regards to my system (Debian Sarge) and Bacula installed from a
binary
Deb package, bscan is part of the standard package.

> :~$ locate bscan
>
> /etc/bacula/bscan.sh
> /usr/bin/bscan
> /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.mysql
> /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.pgsql
> /usr/lib/bacula/bscan.sqlite
> /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.8.gz
> /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.mysql.8.gz
> /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.pgsql.8.gz
> /usr/share/man/man8/bscan.sqlite.8.gz

>From comparing the output of your locate command to mine, it looks as if your
copy of bscan somehow may have been removed in error.

Cheers!

cmr

--
Debian 'Sarge': Registered Linux User #241964
----