On Thursday 05 October 2006 09:45, Frank Sweetser wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 11:48:32AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Greetings All,
> >
> > I was just considering more options for the backup system that we would
> > like to get in place and it occurred to me that it would be a great thing
> > if I could have the bacula client machines connect to the bacula server
> > via OpenVPN when it was time to do the backup and then disconnect after
> > the backup job was completed for that particular client.
>
> Well, my first question would be - what are you trying to accomplish that
> can't already be done via native TLS?

My first thought is "Access to the company's LAN, which the laptop (or other
machine) would not have otherwise."  In other words, there can't even be a
connection for backup without starting up the VPN first.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111