Dear All

I have searched the lists etc and not found an option to skip files based
on their age.

The idea is to have an option like WildFile and WildDir called WildDays
that will skip the backup of files that are more than WildDays old. I
would use a value of say 365 days that is over a year old.

Reason to cut down the amount of data being backed up as I have users that
have large amount of old data that they do not want to move to an archive
folder or partition. The use of this option assumes that in archive
storage there is a tape that has a Total backup ie ignored the WildDays
option or WildDays is set to zero (default).

So from a client backup point of view there is a moving window of 365 days
of data being backed up when a Full backup is done and maybe once a year a
Total backup of all client's is performed.

Does anyone have any ideas how to implement this - I suppose I could use
find in combination with rsync as a RunBeforeJob and rsync the files to a
directory on the backup server and then backup the directory to tape.

Most of my clients are Windows XP the director is Linux.

Thanks in advance for your ideas
Stephen Carr