On Saturday 07 October 2006 22:22, Gert Udby Nielsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have at Dell storage tape backup with bacula version 1.36.1

The first thing that I recommend that you do is to upgrade to Bacula version
1.38.11 (note you must do a database upgrade).  Your current Bacula version
is very old.  The second thing to do is to run the btape "test" command with
the new version of Bacula.  After that if things still fail, the users on
this list can probably help you.

> My problem is that I can't get a tape out of the box. The tape located
> in autochanger, not the picker
>

> There is a error message lamp that say "5" and the blue button can't
> eject the tape. When I hold in the blue button for about 20 sec. the
> number disappear (and the lamp is blinking green) but after about 1 min.
> the error message goes from "8" to "6" and at last ends on "5"
>
> Can you please tell me how to get the tape out :)

This sounds like a problem with your autochanger, and the manufacturers manual
is your best hope for resolving the problem, then their support services ...