On Tuesday 10 October 2006 11:17, Jonas Björklund wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A file device can't write on more then one volume at the same time.

Yes, and neither can a tape drive.

> I have many pools, and each pool has it's own volumes.
>
> I have tried to create a file device for each pool but it's not a nice
> solution if you have many pools.

It is probably what I would recommend.

> Can I create a file based autochanger?

Yes, there is already a "disk-changer" script in the scripts directory (I
forgot when it first appeared, but in any case, it is in the beta releases).
There are a number of downsides to using a file based autochanger that I have
previously discussed on this list.  I think I might even have put them in the
development manual ...  With a little bit of cleaver scripting, one could
modify the existing disk-changer.in script to eliminate most or all the
downsides ...
However, you are pretty much on your own.

Regards,

Kern