On Wednesday 11 October 2006 18:50, DAve wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> Now that we have a lot of Bacula use I am looking to offload some
> monitoring of the backups onto support.
>
> For a test I am wanting to direct my messages from specific backup jobs
> to specific support personnel. As a test I am going to send the messages
> from the catalog backup to another address.
>
> Not sure I understand the Manual with regards to the Messages resource
> 'Name'. As I read it, I should be able to create a new Messages resource
> in each bacula-sd.conf with the value of 'Name' equal to the Job Name.
>
> Correct?

Well sort of.

Each Job resource has a "Messages = xxxx" defined in it.  The xxxx refers to
the Name field in one of the messages  resources you defined.

So what you say is correct providing you have a "Messages = Job-name" in each
of your job resources (or in your case, probably just in your catalog
backup).