On 10/12/06, Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

On 10/12/2006 7:43 PM, pedro moreno wrote:
>    Ahi people.
>
>    FreeBSD 6.1-p3
>    Bacula 1.38.11
>    MySQL 4
>
>     People, last week i was having problems with freebsd because i
> enable one "Experimental" feature that start crashing my backups, on
> those days, i reset my server couple of times to install new kernel's,
> on those days i didnt check the system time,  for some mistake i put the
> system in november 2006, then i run 2 Full-Backups, ...

I see the problem...
No files found for differentail backups.

> This cannot be posible, this server every minute is updating files, one
> full backups is almost 88GB.
>
> Im think that the volumes from november has something to do with this
> problems, because before it was working very good, now i cannot do
> differential backups anymore.

Obviously. Bacula looks for the date of the lates full backup and stores
all files newer than that. Simple algorithm, simple solution in your
case :-)

> If you can see, i disable the volumes from november but i still cannot
> get any files from my differential backups.

Sure. You need to "disable" the jobs so that Bacula won't consider them
as the base for the differentials.

> Someone could help to fix this problem, im running just Full-Backups
> right now, but is not what i need. Hope someone could show the way to
> fix this, thanks all for your time.

Simple solution:
Delete the jobs in question.
The 'delete jobid=xxxx' command is what you use for that. Make sure you
really use the right job ids...
More complex solution, but you will keep the data (though I don't think
that's important, you should have enough full backups by now :-) would
be to set the backups date correctly for the jobs in question.

If you can work with your database frontend - mysql in your case - it
should be a simple operation: 'UPDATE Job SET SchedTime="2006-10-8
12:00:00",StartTime="2006-10-8 12:00:01",EndTime="2006-10-8 12:00:02"
WHERE JobId=xxxx;'

Note that the above is absolutely untested, I might have given you wrong
SQL commands, and even if the command succeeded you might lose all your
catalog data, the milk in fridge might get sour and it could start to
rain... so, you better ensure you have a current catalog dump, shut down
Bacula before this modification, and do some careful tests afterwards.
And, of course, you would use dates that reflect your situation...

> Greetings people!!!

Good luck!

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Arno Lehmann                  http://www.its-lehmann.de

Arno thanks.

   I just delete the jobs you mention and right now my diferential backups are working, i see files coming from my server, like you say i got to much data already backup i cannot worry of lossing some information, you are right :-).

   I just need to do a deep analize to bacula database because maybe in the future i will need to update some information manually, we never know.

   Thanks a lot for your great help :-).